Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3

On Day 3, I created my own website. This is something I have wanted to do since I began teaching 8 years ago, but didn’t know how. In general, I found that this was relatively easy on Google sites. At this point, my website is basic, but I am looking forward to adding information that will be useful for my students and specifically their parents. For me, it is hard to determine what to put on the website, as many of my students’ programs are so individualized. What I have decided is that for the most part, I want to keep the information general enough so that it is useful for all parents. I am hoping to post some useful websites for students and curriculum information for parents that is readable and informative. One thing that I am excited about is including a link for a leveled book list (Scholastic Book Wizard). Parents are always asking me if I can give book recommendations at their child’s “just right” level. Now, I can direct parents to my website and they can search for books at their child’s level on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment